The Pitch Dingman Competition is THE signature event of UMD’s Global Entrepreneurship Week festivities.
Aside from seeing the five finalists pitch their fearless ventures, here are the top 5 reasons you should attend the Pitch Dingman Competition on November 20th:
- You can help pick the Audience Choice Winner.Text-to-vote for your favorite company to win the $500 Audience Choice Award. You might not get to choose the Grand Prize Winner, but your opinion does matter! After the last pitch, exercise your power by voting for your favorite company. The best part is, you can vote right from your smart phone.
- You’ll receive free Terp gear and an online coupon courtesy of Route One Apparel.You might have heard of Ali Von Paris. She’s a former Cupid’s Cup finalist, UMD alumna and founder & CEO of Route One Apparel, an e-commerce platform that specializes in making trendy, affordable state pride apparel and accessories. Ali is sending a special gift for all attendees and a special discount for your next Route One Apparel purchase.
- You’ll hear from UMD alum and successful entrepreneur, Jay Sunny Bajaj, Founder, CEO & President of DMI.Jay Sunny Bajaj is Digital Management, Inc.’s (DMI) Founder, President, and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Bajaj was raised in the technology industry where both of his parents independently built successful IT services businesses. He learned from the ground up and leveraged his deep understanding of the industry to found DMI in 2002. During his remarks at the Pitch Dingman Competition, Mr.Bjaj will share his entrepreneurial journey growing DMI to being named the “Top 50 Best Places to Work in the Greater Washington Area” by the Washington Business Journal.
- Free food! Enjoy a snack between Terp Marketplace and The Pitch Dingman Competition.Will you be attending the Terp Marketplace from 3:30-5:30 p.m. in the Grand Atrium? Stick around and enjoy a snack on us until the Pitch Dingman Competition begins at 6 p.m.
- Because Terps support Terps! Come out to cheer for your fellow Terps who made it to the finals.Pitching your business in front a panel of experienced judges and 250 attendees is no easy task. Not to mention the fact these companies have gone through extensive coaching in preparation for the competition. Join us and support these student entrepreneurs who have worked so hard to get here!
Join us on November 20 at 6 p.m. in Frank Auditorium, Van Munching Hall. REGISTER today to secure your seat.