The University of Maryland and Kevin Plank, founder and CEO of Under Armour, are looking for the nation’s best student-run businesses. For those passionate entrepreneurs who are still on the fence about applying, here are the top ten reasons why you should apply:
10. Win the prestigious Cupid’s Cup, the University of Maryland’s top entrepreneurial prize.
9. Take part in the exciting startup scene in the DC area, one of the fastest growing entrepreneur communities in the nation.
8. Receive local and national exposure. Let the world know about your great work.
7. Visit Under Armour’s corporate HQ in Baltimore, MD for the Cupid’s Cup Training Camp and Semi-final competition.
6. Show your passion on center stage. If you make it past the semi-finals, pitch your business on April 5 to a panel of expert judges and in front of 1,000 attendees.
5. See how you stack against the best in the nation.
3. Network with the “who’s who” in entrepreneurship and investing from the Mid-Atlantic region. In addition to winning cash prizes, you might also meet your next investor.
2. Compete for $70K in cash prizes to turn your startup dreams into reality.
1. Gain access to the professional network of Kevin Plank, founder and CEO of Under Armour and Maryland’s most famous student entrepreneur!
Interested now? On Friday, January 4 from noon to 1 p.m. the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship will host a virtual information session that will answer any questions you may have about Cupid’s Cup. You will also get the inside scoop on the prize package and more. Register today: http://ter.ps/ccinfo