The Dingman Center always embraces new and different perspectives. This week we had an old friend hang out in our office. Sean Virgile, a current PhD student at UMD, used to come to the Dingman for advising. This week he began to mentoring a group of MBA students. Sean successfully founded Diagnostic anSERS and competed in a series of business competitions including Cupid’s Cup. Thank you for paying it forward, Sean!
Now, let`s check out this week’s Worth Reading.
- The government shut down exemplified the most inappropriate reactions when faced with doubters. Check out the Leadership Lessons From a Dysfunctional Congress and avoid making the same mistakes in your business.
- When emailing with investors, you do not want to make any mistakes. Tips? Details matter. Find out the Dos and Don’ts about emailing with your investors.
- One way to start a company without creating a new product is by consulting. Check out the Three Tips to Start a Consulting Business and become a consultant now.
- Everyone has his or her own roadblock, which hinders him/her from taking the first crucial step to start a business. Read Starting a Business: The Idea Phase to realize how and what to do to be an entrepreneur. Starting a business might not be as hard as you think.
- Check out some of the Innovations with the Coolest Designs. See how simple ideas turned out to be destructive technologies.