Cupid’s Cup is more than a competition — it’s a showcase of top entrepreneurial talent. Unique to this year’s showcase, participants are all University of Maryland student-run startups.
Who should attend? Entrepreneurs looking for advice. Investors looking for early-stage companies. And of course, students wondering what entrepreneurship is all about!
- Tommy Johnson, VentureStorm – We are an online platform that connects student entrepreneurs to student developers.
- Bethany Monaghan, Bethany’s Organics – Bethany’s Organics strives to make healthy food more convenient, honest, environmentally friendly, & delicious!
- Sanil Shah, Tabster – Tabster is a mobile application that allows customers to arrive at high-volume restaurants, check-in and pre-order their food while waiting.
- Ian Moritz, Prideshorts – PrideShorts combines everyday lifestyle with college spirit.
- Jordan Greenwald, Meta Cartel – Meta Cartel is a progressive street-wear brand that makes limited edition hats.
- Mike Mandl, ViRtu – Virtual Reality college tours for high school students, and grad school tours for international students.
- Zachary Matz, 417 App Studios LLC – Our social-gaming mobile application, Puzzable, allows users to send their photos to friends and family in the form of a jigsaw puzzle.
- Adam Vinner, CrabShell Cases – Custom laser-engraved phone cases for individuals and organizations.
- Omar Goheer, K. Sultana – K. Sultana produces breathable scarves and creates entrepreneurship and skills development opportunities for women.
- Jeff Hilnbrand, Startup Shell – Startup Shell is a student-run coworking space and incubator at the University of Maryland.
- Kevin Kirk, Imaginex – We develop system control software used to create immersive, interactive, and social experiences.
- Vincent Bellitti, CareerPeer – CareerPeer is a career path selection and management tool for undergraduate students interested in a career in business.
- Atin Mittra, MADE – Peer-to-peer financial education for college students
In addition to seeing these hot innovations and supporting entrepreneurship at UMD, why else should you check out the Startup Showcase?
- No tickets needed. The showcase is open to anyone who walks in the doors.
- Help entrepreneurs gain customer feedback.
- Connect with fellow entrepreneurs and investors.
- Help startups gain funding by voting for your favorite booth. The top five will be awarded $2,000 each.
Be there on April 22nd! Although live-viewing is sold you, you can still register to watch the show in a satellite viewing area right next door. Register today: http://www.cupidscup.com.