Startup marketing can involve a variety of different activities, from the creation of promotional materials to Search Engine Optimization. Given limited time and resources, particularly among student entrepreneurs, it can be overwhelming to think about where to start.
Your marketing focus will depend upon the nature of your business and your target customer. For a fairly comprehensive list of marketing tools and resources, for everything from Advertising to Analytics, check out The Essential List of Start-up Marketing Resources.
Some commonly utilized tools (some of these are included in that list) include:
- Hubspot – Content Marketing and Social Media Management
- Hootsuite – Social Media Management
- Marketo – Marketing Automation
- Adobe InDesign – Promotional Materials Creation
- Brightedge – SEO Optimization and Content Performance Marketing
- Captora – Pipeline and Customer Relationship Management Tool
Terp Toolkit highlights resources for starting your business. Stay tuned for our next Terp Toolkit, which will cover accounting and finance issues for startups.